Saturday, July 05, 2008

Perfect-Imperfectionists

Perfection, they say is an outcome of practise,
And i have not yet perfected the art of imperfection.
I have practised this art for nearly two decades now,
I should have perfected it in another two more,
You see, I learnt it like Mozart learned to compose,
By myself,
A self-learned art, it always takes time and painful effort.
Frustration of two decades has built up in me,
For I have never been able to make the perfect imperfection,
It always seems like a half-hearted job.

People commit perfect crimes,
Perfect mistakes, perfectionists flaunt their perfect magnum opera,
Men flaunt their perfect wives, but a perfect imperfectionist?
Oxymoronic or moronic? Language has exalted the entire race of perfect trivialities-
A wise man did say;" All art is quite useless"
But the futility of its perfection, he forgot.

Dolashre K. Mysoor

No comments: