Thursday, December 29, 2011

A reply to "Hiss and Her Song"

Hiss:

http://rhymsterswoe.blogspot.com/2011/12/hiss-and-her-song.html

Hers:

Tell me, my sweet,
Why does it have to be so
That you do not repeat
Any of your lies that I know?

Your heart is solely yours,
And your cold blood, I don't mind;
For use your devious little mores-

And play with my mind.

Be mysterious. Nay, stay mysterious!
Twist, connive, decieve and beguile
To ensure that I'm eternally curious
About you, and I will walk that extra mile.

Deviate from written rules, fascinate me-
And I will love you, you snake!
Do not use morality and attack me,
For hypocrisy, I cannot take!

Know that with every venomous bite,
I will slip further and further away;
And loosing all the venom might
Make you less interesting anyway!

You are not a creature who can run,
But if you will, slip and slither away.
Continue to write both rhyme and pun
And I will not be very far away.


-Dolashree K. Mysoor


No comments: